Former President of Mexico
• Former President of Mexico (1994-2000);
• High Level Panel on Funding and Development, Chair;
• London School of Economics, visiting professor;
• Center for Globalization Studies at Yale University, Director;
• Forbes magazine, columnist;
• Central Bank of Mexico, economist, deputy manager of economic research, general director of a trust fund, and deputy director of the bank (1978-1998);
• Secretary of Education (1992);
• Secretary of Programming and Budget (1988);
• Undersecretary of Planning and Budget in the Secretariat of Programming and Planning (1987); and
• Colegio de Mexico and the National Polytechnic Institute, professor of macroeconomics and international economics.
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• Procter and Gamble, member of the Board of Directors;
• Union Pacific, member of the Board of Directors;
• ALCOA, member of the Board of Directors;
• Daimler-Chrysler, advisor;
• Coca Cola, advisor;
• Doctorates Honoris Causa from Yale and Harvard Universities;
• Franklin D. Roosevelt Freedom from Fear Award;
• Gold Insigne of the Council of the Americas;
• Tribuna Americana Award of the Casa de America of Madrid; and
• Berkeley Medal from UC Berkeley.
• Advanced School of Economics at the National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico (Degree in Economics); and
• Yale University (M.A., M.Phil. and PhD in Economics).