Director, Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations (IDDRI), France
• Scientific advisor and member of the French Council of Economic Analysis;
• General inspector of Agriculture and associate professor at the National Superior Agronomical School of Montpellier and at the University of Montpellier;
• Senior adviser on environment to the Prime Minister Lionel Jospin and conducted a number of international negotiations on environment for the French government including the Mission for Sustainable Development;
• Director of research and director of the International Economy Laboratory at the National Institute of Agronomical Research;
• Member of scientific councils of leading research institutions, including the Institute for Research and Development in France and l’IUED in Switzerland;
• SOLAGRAL, a French-based NGO working on international issues, Founder and Chair; and
• Le Courrier de la Planète, Founder and editor-in-chief.
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• IFPRI (International Institute on Food and Policy research), Board member;
• CIRAD (French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development), Board member; and
• China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development, member.
• Diploma from Institute of Political Studies in Paris; and
• Ph.D. in economics from the University of Paris.