Former Prime Minister of Romania
• Former Prime Minister of Romania (1989-1991);
• Head of Hydraulics and Hydraulic Car Department, Faculty of Hydrotechnics, Bucharest Polytechnic Institute since 1985;
• Democratic Party of Romania, Chairman (1993-2001);
• Minister of State and Foreign Affairs, (1999-2000);
• Senator and as Chairman of the Defense Committee (1996-1999); and
• Chamber of Deputies, Chair of the Defense Committee (1992).
• Electric Engineering College at Bucharest Polytechnic Institute (Degree, 1968);
• Diplome d’Etudes approfondies (Degree, 1971); and
Fluids Mechanics Institute at Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France (Ph.D, 1974).