Senior Advisor to the UN Global Compact and World Business Council for Sustainable Development
• Senior Executive Vice President, Head of Group Risk Management, and Co-Chairman of the Group Risk Committee, ABN AMRO (1998 – 2006); and
• Global Head of Structured Finance, ABN AMRO (1995 – 1998).
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• Member, core-faculty, Business Leaders Program on Poverty Reduction, Prince of Wales’ Foundation and University of Cambridge;
• Vice-Chairman, ABN AMRO Foundation India;
• Member, World Bank Extractive Industries’ Advisory Group;
• Knight in the Order of Oranje-Nassau (November 2005) for his initiatives on sustainable development, Equator in particular;
• Board Member, Bank of Asia (Thailand) (2000- 2004); and
• Initiator of the voluntary sector-initiative, the Equator Principles (2002).
• University of Michigan (J.D., 1982) and
• Yale College (B.A., Philosophy, 1978).