Former Foreign, Environment Minister, Japan
• Special Assistant to the Prime Minister in charge of Foreign Affairs;
• Minister for Foreign Affairs (February 2002-September 2004);
• Minister of the Environment (July 2000-February 2002);
• Director-General for Global Environmental Affairs, Ministry of International Trade and Industry;
• World Bank, economist; and
• Embassy of Japan in the United States, Minister.
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• Regulatory Reform Committee (Japan), Board Member;
• Central Council for Education (Japan), Board Member;
• University Council (Japan), Board Member;
• Japan Center for International Exchange, Board Member; and
• Center for Global Partnership of the Japan Foundation, Advisor.
• University of Tokyo (B.A. in International Relations); and
• Yale University (M.Phil. in Economics).