Former Prime Minister of Spain
• Former Prime Minister of Spain (1982-1996);
• Special Representative of the EU to the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (1998); and
• Practiced labor law in Seville.
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• World Progressive Commission of the Socialist International, President ;
• Circle of Montevideo, Member;
• InterAcción Council, Member;
• Shimon Peres International Council for Peace, Member;
• Charlemagne Prize;
• Necklace of the Order of Isabel the Catholic; and
• Great Cross of Gold from the Republic of Austria.
• Lovaina University in Belgium (Law Degree,1965).