FERNANDO HENRIQUE CARDOSO
Former President of Brazil
• Former President of Brazil (1995-2003);
• Club of Madrid, President;
• Lecturer and Visiting Professor at various academic centers in Europe and the United Sates, including the College of France, the University of Paris, the University of Cambridge, the University of Berkeley and Stanford University; and
• Thomas J. Watson Jr. Institute for International Studies at Brown University, Professor.
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• Inter-American Dialogue, co-Chairman;
• Rockefeller Foundation, Board of Trustees;
• Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, Board Member;
• Library of Congress, Washington D.C., “Cultures of the South” chair;
• American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Foreign Honorary Member;
• Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation (2000);
• UNDP Mahbub ul Haq Award for Outstanding Contribution to Human Development (2002); and
• J. William Fulbright Prize for International Understanding (2003).
• University of Sao Paulo (Degree and PhD in Political Science); and
• Laboratory of Industrial Sociology at the University of Paris.