Former Prime Minister of Canada
• Former Prime Minister of Canada;
• Club of Madrid, Secretary General;
• Club of Madrid, Acting President (2002-2003);
• Club of Madrid, Vice President (2004);
• International Women’s Forum, President (2003-2005);
• Professor, Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University (September 2001-January, 2004);
• University of California Irvine, Regents´ Lecturer;
• Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada (1990);
• Minister of National Defense and Minister of Veterans´ Affairs (1993); and
• Minister of State for Indian Affairs and Northern Development (1989).
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• The Gorbachev Foundation of North America, Senior Fellow;
• Asia Society of New York, Member of the International Council;
• London School of Economics, Honorary Fellow;
• Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Honorary Fellow;
• Global Security Institute (GSI), Board Member;
• Middle Powers Initiative (MPI), Board Member;
• Forum of Federations, Board Member;
• Pacific Council on International Policy, Board Member;
• Crisis Group, Trustee; and
• International Center for Democratic Transition (ICDT), Board Member.
• University of British Columbia (BA, 1969, LLB, 1983); and
• London School of Economics (Doctoral studies in Soviet Government, ABD, 1970-73).